EVOLUTION 1996-2000 Data Simulation
(Program No. 4-415W or No. 4-415M)
for Windows (NT, 98, Me, Xp), or Macintosh (Classic, OS X)
Twenty-five simulations based upon relationships taken from
the journal EVOLUTION, (Vol 50-54, 1996-2000), for use by
undergraduates. Each simulation is also linked directly to the
article (using JSTOR) so students can compare their simulations
with the results obtained and presented by the original investigators.
The 25 systems simulated are listed below.
1. Is egg size heritable in side-blotched lizards?
2. Bill depth and feeding efficiency
3. Resident to immigrant fitness at different temperatures
4. Possible inbreeding depression in Australian Eucalyptus
5. Effect of egg size on postlarval size in sea urchins
6. Does male tail length influence number of offspring?
7. Effects in inbreeding in diploid and tetraploid populations
8. Phenotypic differences in Drosophila wing lengths
9. Hypoxic survival in clonal and sexual fish
10. Wing/thorax ratios in Drosophila
11. Adult weights and larval density in the seed beetle
12. Habitat preference by toads in zone where hybrids occur
13. Selection for resistance to knockdown temperatures in Drosophila
14. Latitudinal cline in wing:thorax size ratio in Drosophila
15. Growth study to determine the cost of herbivore resistance
16. Pollination success as a function of distance
17. Is there gamete incompatibility in three sympatric polychaetes?
18. Recent history and heat shock protein in Drosophila
19. Fitness of females/hermaphrodites during the process of
20. Wing length of warblers across a mirgratory divide
21. Shrimp survival in two different populations
22. Shrimp survival and outcorssing or selfing
23. Effect of temperature on short-term selection experiment
24. Larval dispersal in corals along the Great Barrier Reef
25. Selection for spermatheca number in female dung flies